Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Post on Quizzes, Tests, and Surveys (tool #5)

Chapter 20 in the textbook discusses computer based quizzes, tests, and surveys. As a teacher, I have completed numerous computer surveys, as well a few tests, in the past few years. But I haven’t created and used them with my students. Coming into this class, the primary goal for me was to learn how to do this. I often have my students complete short assessments to see what they already know, or to find out what they have learned in a lesson or unit that was just studied. But these assessments were down with paper and pencil. One of the reasons that I haven’t tried using assessments with the computers previously is that I would need to make sure that I have a computer available for all of my students. Although this isn’t possible all of the time, my students do have enough access to computers that I can make this work with a little bit of planning. I think that the students will like using the computer to complete some of these assessments. As a teacher, I will like having the results accessible to me in one document. I can also use graphs and charts of the data to show the students and me the results of the assessments. Numerous times during the school year, I give my students a short pretest of the information, followed later by a post test to show what they have learned. I think that a computer based quiz will be a good tool to use for this purpose. Here is a link to a practice quiz that I made using Google Forms.

Mr. Oyer's President Quiz

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Stan, hope you and your students find this useful and fun!

    ReplyDelete